Greetings everyone & Welcome to the Cortana Developer community!
Just over 3 months ago at Build 2017, we announced the public preview of the Cortana Skills Kit which allows developers to easily create intelligent, personalized experiences for Cortana. Since then we have been working hard to improve the developer and runtime experiences that enable a much broader and richer set of skills to be developed for Cortana. We've also been working very closely with select partners to bring useful, relevant and delightful skills to the growing number of Cortana users across all their devices.
Today, we are excited to launch the Cortana Developer Community, as a place for all us to come together, connect, share and work together to help people get more done through Cortana. This community is intended to foster collaboration and innovation by bringing together users, enthusiasts, developers, partners, MVPs, and the Cortana product and engineering teams into one place.
To begin with - we'll use this blog to post how-tos, best practices, platform updates, and feature any cool new skills that our users love. We also created some spaces for you to ask questions, answer othersâ€™ questions, and participate in the discussion. We'll monitor these spaces regularly and help resolve queries. If you have any inputs on what you would like on the Cortana Dev Community, please let us know by commenting below.
Haven't started building a skill yet? Here are some resources to get you started:
- Overview of the Cortana Skills Kit - a suite of tools that help you build extensions (or skills) for Cortana
- Read more about the Bot Framework which you need to leverage to build a Cortana Skill
- Add natural language understanding to your skills by leveraging LUIS.AI, a Microsoft Cognitive Service
- Check out some samples on GitHub that can help you get started
- Sign in using your free Microsoft Account and register your Cortana Skill on the developer portal
- You can join the discussion and let us know if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions
Let the journey begin!