2018 has brought new capabilities, more compliance certifications and enhanced integrations across Office 365. Going into the SharePoint North America Conference, we wanted to share what’s coming for SharePoint, and revisit the product highlights from the past few months.
Better integrations with Office 365 applications
New functionality launching in the SharePoint webpart over the next quarter will make navigating videos on web and mobile browser more intuitive. The webpart will be more responsive and adaptable to varying page layouts so videos render at the optimal size, and a familiar approach to search across videos by using buttons rather than scrolling will enable a more efficient way to find video content.
Leveraging video in Microsoft Teams is a critical way for organizations to communicate, share information and more. Recently we enabled a more seamless sign on experience, making it easier than ever to securely watch videos in Teams channels on the desktop app. Stream will also power the new Teams cloud recordings – bringing the same automatic speech to text transcription functionality used in video on demand, to all recorded meetings. The transcription and timecoding for meeting recordings means attendees can search for the specific moments in the conversation that matter most.
New capabilities in PowerPoint give users the tools to make everyone a video creator.
Using the recording tab in PowerPoint, anyone can create professional looking videos with animations, screen-recordings, transitions and more, then publish videos directly to Stream in just a few clicks.
Recent features and certifications
Features and certifications released in 2018 give admins more control, create richer user experiences and help organizations meet compliance standards.
- Editing transcripts, closed captions and speaker timelines can be done in the UI quickly and in real time – no downloading required.
- Controls for permissioning channel creation and video uploading has been added to help manage the people that can contribute content.
- Videos can be highlighted on home pages and group pages to raise visibility of specific content.
- Stream is now available in Office 365 audit logs to help organizations monitor events happening in the application.
- Tier-C compliance in the Office 365 framework means that Stream now has certifications for compliance standards like SOC 1, SOC 2, ISO 27001, HIPAA, and EU Model Clauses.
Connect with the product team
Join the Microsoft Stream Ask Microsoft Anything event on May 30th at 9am PT! Simply visit the Stream space in the Microsoft Tech Community to submit questions and they will be answered in real time by the product team!