Video enables more authentic communications, impactful training and easier expertise sharing. Today at the SharePoint Conference, we announced several new innovations to enable employee engagement for everyone, from business leaders to firstline workers.
The Stream team has been hard at work to bring new features to web and mobile, and are pleased to share these updates with you today.
- Easily add interactive quizzes, polls and surveys in Stream videos Generally availability begins this week
- Record and upload videos with the Stream mobile app and share anywhere Generally available (record will be available in June)
- Stream webpart enhancements in SharePoint Generally available
- New admin features to help manage permissions and privacy Generally available
Interactive quizzes, polls and surveys in Stream videos
Earlier this year we announced the capability to add quizzes, polls and surveys into Microsoft Stream videos through integration with Microsoft Forms. Today, we are excited to announce that this capability is rolling out to all customers!
Whether it’s adding surveys for a recorded CEO townhall meeting, quizzes for flipped classroom videos or assessments for employee training videos, you can take advantage of this new interactive capability to make videos in your organization more engaging.
Visit help documentation to learn how to get started.
Securely record, upload & share videos for iOS and Android
With the latest announcements, you can do a lot with the Stream mobile apps:
- Find and engage with videos you need fast with smart search tools
- Watch videos at your own convenience by saving content for offline viewing
- Tune into Stream live events anywhere right from your mobile device
- Enjoy the best experience for consuming Stream videos by deep-linking into the app
- *New* - Upload and share videos directly from mobile. Now you can upload videos from your camera roll or other online services like OneDrive, right from your mobile. (Available now)
- *New* - Record new videos with your mobile app in a secure, compliant way with the built-in video capture capability (Coming in June)
Out of the box customization for Stream webpart in SharePoint
With the Microsoft Stream web part for SharePoint Online, you can highlight Stream content in a SharePoint page for a single video, a channel, and now you highlight videos across all of Stream.
With the new “All of Stream” option it allows you to highlight videos across all of Stream on your page. The videos don't have to be from the same group or channel. You can even filter the videos down to a specific search term.
Find more details about the new feature here.
New admin features to help curate user experiences
More options to manage people detection in videos
As a Microsoft Stream admin, you can now disable people detection processing across all videos in your tenant. Today, every video uploaded to Stream is processed for people detection in order to display the people timeline. With this capability, Admins can easily turn this off from people timeline tab on the Admin settings page. People information will be removed from all existing videos.
Manage default video permissions
Now administrators can choose the default access permission setting for all videos and live events.
Simply go to the Admin settings page and select Content creation. Under the default video permissions section, you can select Everyone (this is the default) or Specific groups and people. Don’t forget to save your changes. After you change this setting, when a person uploads a video or creates a live event, your selected option will be applied.
We are constantly iterating and adding new capabilities based on customer feedback. Connect with us in the Microsoft Stream Tech Community and share your ideas here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Stream-Ideas/idb-p/StreamIdeas