The latest cumulative update to Skype for Business 2015 Server delivers a number of significant features and bug fixes for users of Skype for Business for Mac. When you install the July, 2018 cumulative update, you will see the following improvements light up on the Mac:
Delegates can schedule meetings on behalf of delegators
Users on a Mac who are configured as a delegate can create or edit a meeting in the delegator's calendar and make it a Skype for Business meeting. The online meeting will use the delegator’s policies and join information. Delegates must install Outlook 2016 for Mac version 16.16.706 and Skype for Business on Mac version 16.18 or a later version.
Add delegates without being enabled for Enterprise Voice
Skype for Business Online users who not enabled for Enterprise Voice can now add contacts as delegates. See Act as a delegate or delegator in Skype for Business for help configuring delegation.
Video-based screen sharing
When a user shares a screen from Skype for Business on Mac, the app will use video-based screen sharing when possible to give the best performance (depending on the capabilities of other apps connected to the meeting).
End Meeting command
Users who are presenters in a meeting can now end the meeting from Skype for Business on Mac by selecting the End Meeting command from the More Options button. When a meeting is ended, all users in the meeting are disconnected.
- Fixed an issue that prevented you from joining meetings from outside of your organization.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the location configured on a subnet from being retrieved when making an E-911 call.
- Fixed an issue that prevented a security desk notification to a distribution list when someone makes an E-911 call.
- Display a delegator's name on the incoming call notification shown to delegates.
- Delete all chained items in Conversation History when deleting a chat.
The cumulative update includes a lot of other fixes for the server generally and for mobile clients. Click here for the Knowledge Base article that describes the full list of fixes in this update.